Tuesday, January 15, 2008


Here are some old concepts of Icarus, who was originally gonna be called ANGEL. But then Josh came out with his Angel in BUFFY SOOOOOOO... At any rate I feel Icarus fits more in line with the character and his disposition. This character was co- created and helped along in development by the artistic SAVAN... if not for her I don't think he would have evolved into the character he is today.THANKS SAV!!
Later I went with the addition of the mask... the mask was inspired by my love of black mask lore...ZORRO, THE DREAD PIRATE ROBERTS,KATO, THE BROWN HORNET ETC... I also went with a bit of a take on the crazy 88 guys in Kill Bill, as Icarus and Giests agents are yakuza/ mob styled gangsters who sport that masked look too. That I will keep bc QT was inspired in the same way. So deal with it...I plan to do some concept work for them soon as well.

2 comments:

Ferran Sellares said...

Broda, I'm allways expecting too see some of your work in Previews... I think your crazy ideas and your character design is really cool. "Molta sort, Germà!"

SeiKion said...

Nice! I love Pirate Roberts too. :P

Waiting for new updates. ;)